Tuesday, November 2, 2021

More Pictures I Took

A few months ago, I posted ten pictures I took with my phone. My attempt at an art exhibit was rejected by a local gallery for being socially irrelevant. The photos, often modified in Photoshop, are just not artistically worthy of public display. The piece in my blog proved very popular, garnishing enough hits to rank in the top posts for the month. Turns out pictures are worth a thousand words.

So here is my second art show that never was.

"Knitted Hat" is William at seven months. The hat was a gift he received for his brief stay in the neonatal unit.

"Me and 3025" was taken the first time I drove a steam engine. The opportunity was a gift from my wife, Christine, for completing my first feature length script which was about the demise of steam engines.

"Night Light" finds William in a doorway of a historic home in Providence, Rhode Island in the evening.

"Centered" has William standing in the middle of our rural road while waiting for the bus.

"Seaman Languedoc" stands at parade rest before playing Taps in front of the World War I Memorial in Providence, Rhode Island on November of 2017.

"Work Desk" finds William engrossed in a display of the lunar landings at a museum when he was one years old.

"Trumpet Section" has Aidan, second from the left, playing in the state regional band. The picture has a 1950's look to it even though I took it last year.

"Lone Piggy" is the first picture taken by Willy when he was a year old which he managed to text to Christine. To date, we don't know how he figured out how to text images before he could speak.

"Banister Boy" is William in jail. Years later, while running in socks, William broke two banisters in that railing.

William and Aidan "Taking a Break" in 2012, oblivious to the massive rock behind them.

Editor's Note: Orginally published on October 23, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog of Done

Ten years ago my wife, Christine and our two boys, Aidan and William, and I were on vacation in a warm place with our friends from Californi...