Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Trump's Greatest Weakness

"What is your greatest weakness?"

This is perhaps the dumbest question asked by interviewers trying to pry a secret out of you. Some common answers are,

"I work too hard."

"I care too much."

And my favorite,

"I'm a perfectionist."

That question is up there with,

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Once on an interview I answered,

"Trudging to my desk in a cube farm with no windows, then I win the lottery."

I didn't get the job. Bunch of stiffs.

President Trump
CNBC moderator Carl Quintanilla asked the "greatest weakness" question during the third republican debate held in Boulder on October 28, 2015. He could have asked what each candidate planned on doing about the $23 trillion debt the country is in, or how they would've handled the Iranian nuclear program. Instead, Quintanilla unloaded the stupidest question on the panel of would be nominees. Trump answered,

"I trust people too much, and when they let me down, if they let me down, I never forgive. I find it very, very hard to forgive people that deceived me."

This has me worried. Back in 2006 I was writing Amazon reviews. I was preoccupied with raising my rating so I wrote lengthy critiques of technical books that I read. I gave up when a friend trounced my rating by writing reviews of thong calendars. One of my reviews was a praise of David Hasselhoff's album, David Hasselhoff Looking For... The Best. Admittedly the only song I ever heard The Hoff sing was Hot Shot City. Most of the reviews included the line,

"Hot Shot City is particularly good."

I chose to focus my review on OJ Simpson, Neil Diamond, the Donald and his second wife, Marla Maples. Here it is.



5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Miracle
  Musical Miracle
By Robert M. Languedoc - June 30, 2006 
Finally, an uncompromising set of the best of David Hasselhoff on one CD. Hasselhoff had the misfortune of debuting his musical career on June 17, 1994, the same day OJ took a drive on the LA freeway with Al Cowlings. Unfortunately the latter event stalled Hasselhoff's singing career since people were more interested in watching The Juice hide on the floor of his white Bronco while holding a gun to his head instead of the pay-per-view show, "David Hasselhoff and his Baywatch Friends," broadcasted from the sometimes bankrupt Trump Castle in Atlantic City. I was one of the few who watched Hasselhoff's musical extravaganza including the unforgettable duet, "If I Were a Carpenter," with Marla Maples, a sometimes wife of Donald Trump. Hasselhoff is in the same league as Neil Diamond with similar range, feeling and hair. His "Miracle of Love" CD didn't set any sales records, but in my opinion is one of the greatest musical masterpieces overlooked by the music industry, consumers, critics, stores, radio and just about any device that can produce sound.

I'm in big trouble. Who knew The Donald would be president someday? The only thing worse would be President Hasselhoff. To my defense the review is accurate. Hasselhoff's singing career was derailed by OJ Simpson, the only good thing that came out of the OJ murders. I know Trump is often up late on social media so I'm sure he'll stumble across my Amazon review sooner or later. I'm done for. I would like to change my answer to where I see myself in five years.

Cellmates with Bernie Madoff.

14 comments:

  1. David Hassle Hoff a "singer"? No, he is not a singer. No, he cannot sing. He has the vocal acuity of a leaf blower. Zero range, zero vocal ability. This is not my opinion, it is fact. Wait, I am Auntie Jemima. So, I guess Dave Hassle Hoff is a singer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruce, if David Hasselhoff would have run for president in 2016, I'm certain none of this corn hole virus thing would've happened. President Hasselhoff and his Baywatch Friends!

      Delete
    2. Robert M Languedoc : Hoff would of never became President. I will pray that Trump becomes President again.

      Delete
    3. I suspect The Hoff could also beat Biden with or without prayer.

      Delete
  2. Trump is a 100 % badoon he is only out.for one American and that is him what a laughing stock of the world thank God he is your giy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Badoons are fictional lizard people in Marvel comics. They were green, not orange.

      Delete
  3. This disturbs me. His ap po rival rating is going down, he's angry at the media etc. What if he decides to hurt America just to hurt the people. He's rich, he can go to any country and live comfortably. He is a vindictive man. He is gettin ggv more irrational so he really worries me for the safety of this country and citizens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump’s antics makes me laugh. While most politicians consult a PR team that ensures we’re placated, Trump rolls unfiltered. Admittedly, the only thing that would be funnier if Trump won in November is if Biden wins.

      Delete
  4. Excuse my errors, the site wont let me make spelling corrections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood. It’s a real bother when one can’t edit their own comments.

      Delete
  5. Trump's good intentions are clouded by his character and his mouth, which are his worse enemies..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump rolls as an unfiltered public relations nightmare, but how he says things is less important than what he says. We’re supposed to strive for tolerance except for the things we want to cancel. We’re supposed to embrace diversity as long as they’re like us.

      Delete

Blog of Done

Ten years ago my wife, Christine and our two boys, Aidan and William, and I were on vacation in a warm place with our friends from Californi...